Smartsheet is looking for a dynamic Business Development Representative to provide pre-sales support. You will be one of the first touch points for prospects and set the tone for the sales cycle following. This role is a great opportunity to begin your career in sales or make a career transition into the SaaS industry.
With a commitment to investing in the APAC region to better serve new and existing customers in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and the greater Asia Pacific geography, Smartsheet opened up its third international office in Sydney in January 2020. This is an opportunity to be a part of Smartsheet at this exciting time, working with an outstanding team to build and expand the Smartsheet brand across an established market.
- Partner and work with the Commercial Sales teams - including New Business, Client Development, Customer Success and Professional Services.
- Work with other Smartsheet teams to develop account knowledge, relationship maps, and use case opportunities through direct account engagement and insight tools.
- Setting qualified prospect meetings with our Sales Executives
- Strategically prospecting key account targets & contacts
- Hold thoughtful and engaging conversations over the phone and email.
- Be the subject matter expert on Smartsheet products and services
- Generate appointments by independently identifying companies and contacts that would be a good fit for our services and making decisions to reach out to them via email, linkedin, cold calling and/or using our other sophisticated software sales tools.
- Influence and manage multiple outbound sequence campaigns in our sales engagement platform
- Record and document all activity in Salesforce.com
- Monitor the social web for opportunities and leads as well as participate in outbound social marketing initiatives
- Leverage taught sales techniques to maximize prospect interactions
- Maintain high level of activity with the intent to qualify and create exponential sales pipelines
- Other duties as assigned
- Desire to learn and grow, possessing a strong work ethic.
- Competitive spirit, self-motivated, driven, and a desire to be successful.
- Capability of understanding customer pain points, requirements and delivering a response presenting Smartsheet as a solution
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving production goals from assigned territory or set of accounts
- Contribute to the team effort and play an essential part in the smooth running of teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for working with new technologies and new technical concepts
- Ability to deal well with adversity; remaining driven and resilient
- Degree or relevant work experience
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!