The Automated Workflows team's mission is to empower customers to automate work with actions to save time and accelerate the work of their teams. We started our journey with simple reminders, but now customers create and manage sophisticated workflows with conditions, multiple-steps, and powerful actions. Our team focuses on supporting each other, distributed decision-making that rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration. Learn more about our automated workflows here: Automated workflows.
We are looking for a Senior UI Software Development Engineer to lead development of the next generation workflows experiences for customers and migrate our UI systems into a decoupled architecture allowing our team to build and deploy UI solutions quickly and independently. In this role, you will be working with our product manager, UX designer, and principal/senior engineers within the team and across the company to build modern, frictionless, and enterprise-scale user experiences customers. You will also have opportunities to mentor other engineers.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Sr. Manager, Engineering located in our Bellevue, WA office, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Develop reusable components used across our product and the organization
- Evaluate new technologies to bring into our stack
- Consult with other teams across the organization on building UI components and frameworks
- Create and promote a UI Framework standard across the organization
- Work with Design and UX groups to establish UI standards
- Become an expert in our UI Architecture
- Mentor developers, especially in modern UI techniques
- 5+ years software development experience, preferably web application development
- Experience in designing and building scalable and highly available UI applications
- Proficiency with modern web component architectures (especially Typescript and React)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
Smartsheet provides a competitive range of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $145,800 to 210,600 | All other US States: $135,000 to $195,000.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!