Smartsheet is looking for our next Sr. SE II to join the APAC development team. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and getting out of their way while they build and improve our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering for collaborative work and project management. Our software team is small but dedicated to its mission of empowering anyone to automate their content workloads by lowering the barriers to create, customise, and automate their creative endeavors. We work in an agile apolitical environment that stays focused on building great software in a healthy and supporting environment committed to shipping meaningful outcomes as quickly as possible. Here you can use the latest web technologies to their fullest potential. We are looking for the most highly motivated and intelligent individuals. Here is a short video showing Smartsheet overview: Smartsheet Overview Video.  

This position reports to the Senior Manager, Engineering. This position is remote eligible from any state within Australia that Smartsheet is a registered employer.

You Will:

• Develop Ruby on Rails-based backend components that scale easily to accommodate rapid customer growth
  • Develop software solutions using AWS technologies
  • Develop reusable components used across our product (we use React, Typescript, HTML, and CSS)
  • Become the expert for the team's SPA UI Architecture
  • Write clean and efficient code in Ruby on Rails based on product specifications and operational feasibility
  • Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline implementations using AWS technologies
  • Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
  • Mentor others on code quality and best practices
  • Work closely with other software engineers, SRE, and product managers.

You Have:

• 7+ years software development experience
  • Experience building RESTful APIs
  • Experience building scalable back-end services
  • Knowledge of Microservices in AWS
  • Experience automating CI/CD for a highly scalable system
  • BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
  • Familiarity with React and Typescript.
  • Strong interest in Machine Learning and Generative AI

Equal Opportunity Employer:

Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.

At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!

#BI-Remote

#LI-Remote

Apply for this Job

* Required
resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)

Voluntary EEOC Demographics

At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category in the US, UK, and Australia.

Below is a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to complete them, your responses will be used in aggregate to help us identify areas for improvement in our programs. Your responses, or your choice to not respond, will not be considered in the hiring process. Any information that you provide will be recorded and maintained confidentially.

For definitions of any of the following terms or to read more about your rights, please visit the EEOC website here

I identify my gender as: *

I identify as transgender: *

I identify my race / ethnicity as (select all that apply): *

My veteran status is: *

My disability status is: *

Please reach out to our support team via our help center.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA above.