Smartsheet is seeking a developed sales professional to join our Sales Team as a Strategic Account Executive focused on existing customer expansion. You will have a history of exceeding quota attainment and developing customer accounts. This important role is dedicated to acquiring new logos and holds responsibility contributing to our overall revenue goals.
This role is part of the Sales team, based in Tokyo, Japan and will be reporting to the Director, Business Operations.
With a commitment to investing in the Japan region to better serve new and existing customers, Smartsheet has opened its newest international office in Japan in 2022. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of Smartsheet as a founding member, working with an outstanding team to build and expand the Smartsheet brand across a new market.
- Exceed software and services sales quotas
- Work closely with existing partners and new partners (Consulting, SI, and/or resellers)
- Execute a solution-based sales process encompassing multiple groups within existing accounts
- Develop new business opportunities within existing customers by analyzing and proactively targeting high-value needs across multiple departments and lines of business
- Leverage existing relationships to expand Smartsheet’s footprint and drive revenue or growth during renewals
- Articulate and demonstrate Smartsheet's unique organizational solutions and functional value
- Build executive awareness, sales pipeline, and bookings growth within your territory
- Utilize existing sales enablement tools to successfully implement a territory plan, identifying top accounts through in-depth account research using internal tools as well as external customer-related resources
- Manage your book of business for expansion and up-sell opportunities; partner and grow client relationships
- Act as a subject matter expert in the features, benefits and application of Smartsheet’s products and solutions; educating the customer in how we partner with them to evaluate our software effectively
- Define account strategies by partnering with cross functional teams, including Sales Engineers, Customer Success, and Consulting, to support the sales cycle.
- Work with Smartsheet AEs across multiple regions and utilize use cases and compiled internal data to propose global solutions
- Establish Executive alignment between Customer and Smartsheet
- Develop and present proposal of recommended Smartsheet solution based on Customer business requirements
- Proactively work with internal and external stakeholders to successfully navigate the full sales cycle with urgency
- Create and maintain Joint Engagement Plans for strategic solution deals
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in Salesforce leveraging MEDDIC qualification guidelines
- Present at Smartsheet seminars, trade shows, and partner events; promote Smartsheet brand on social media channels.
- Be a coach and mentor to future new hires
- Other duties as assigned
- 8-12+ years full sales cycle management with a history of proven performance in the SaaS space
- Communication skills: Native level of Japanese and business to fluency level in English (verbal and written)
- Strong communication skills and executive presence
- Experience managing and maintaining customer relationships in a B2B environment
- Experience with Solution/Consultative Selling
- Experience using each stage in the sales cycle to promote the sale (discovery to close)
- Ability to create customer presentations and proposals
- Hold customer QBRs coordinating with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage sales leads and opportunities; provide weekly sales forecasts to management
- Build account plan for key accounts
- Familiarity with MEDDIC sales methodology is an advantage.
- Experience prospecting and managing designated leads and domains with a solution selling mindset and the ability to articulate ROI (return on investment) to drive revenue
- The ability to research accounts to uncover opportunities for up-sell within existing plans, and multi-thread opportunities across the organization
- The ability to work effectively under pressure; with a strong work ethic while being self-directed and resourceful
- The ability to manage interactions both internally and externally with senior-level corporate management
- Proficiency with Google Suite and familiarity with Salesforce, Docusign, Outreach, Zoominfo, Tableau and LinkedIn is an advantage
- Passion for working with new technologies and new technical concepts
- Self starter to actively run new sales plays; identify new market opportunities
- Proven sense of urgency, resiliency and ability to collaborate with internal and external teams
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Germany, Costa Rica, Australia, and Japan. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!