Resource Management by Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Software Engineer II to join our Engineering team. The Resource Planning pillar delivers integrated people profile, capacity, scheduling, and time reporting capabilities that enable operational managers to confidently schedule the right resources on the right things at the right time, so that organizations can unlock the potential of their people.
Engineers on the Resource Management Team work collaboratively. Our teams include technical experts, product experts, designers, user experience researchers, and customer support. In cross-functional units, we develop products focused on solving customer problems. We use a service-oriented architecture (SOA) to build quality software at enterprise scale. In this role, you will develop skills in distributed systems design, cloud architecture, and service operations.
This position will report to the Manager of Engineering and can be based remotely from anywhere within the United States where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
Our team focuses on distributed decision making that rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration. Learn more about our platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video
- Participate across the full product life cycle: product design, implementation, and operational support.
- Develop software with a focus on excellent customer experiences.
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution with a focus on test automation and code coverage.
- Maintain a high level of operational excellence focusing on application and infrastructure scalability, reliability, and performance.
- 2+ years web application development experience
- 1+ years experience in SaaS application development
- Working knowledge of backend services design, architecture and scalability and availability considerations.
- Legal eligibility to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans.
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year.
Smartsheet provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $124,200 to $178,200 | All other US States: $115,000 to $165,000
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Germany, and Costa Rica. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!