At Smartsheet our mission is to empower everyone to improve how they work. Our customers create amazing solutions in Smartsheet to improve work processes and get things done - everything from simple inventory tracking systems to specialized manufacturing pipelines, made up of sheets and dashboards, reports and automation, forms and data integrations. Over 100,000 businesses, and millions of information workers, trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution, enhance collaboration and visibility, and empower individuals.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Product Manager to join our Product Organization at Smartsheet. You bring a dynamic skill set within the Authentication space, driving strategy for enterprise scale growth. This role is highly visible to leadership, working autonomously, while partnering within the organization to achieve results. Having a strong technical background, and product background will set you up for success within this role and for future growth at Smartsheet. Come join us!
You will report to the Director of Product Management and can be based remotely or at our Bellevue, WA Headquarters.
- Define a strategy and roadmap for Authentication, Authorization and Administration as a platform and product experience informed by company objectives, customer needs, and industry best practices
- Partner with technical and product leaders across Smartsheet to align strategy and platform investments and work closely with design and engineering to create compelling, high-quality customer experiences
- Use internal and external data to guide experimentation, decisions, opportunities and evaluation of success
- Partner with research, product design, data science and analytics teams to run quantitative experiments and analysis to test hypotheses and iteratively develop product capabilities
- Communicate strategy, platform health, capabilities, winning and losing experimentation, and insights to a wide audience
- Successful candidates will operate at both the strategic and tactical levels and form strong cross-team partnerships that ensure combined success for the product area
- Support other duties as needed
- 10+ years of product management experience
- 2-5+ years of experience with Authentication, Authorization, Security, Data Governance, Sharing & Access, Login Experience, OAuth, Single Sign On, MFA for enterprise scale and expansion
- Experience delivering enterprise products from inception to launch
- Successfully delivered a delightful user experience with high-scale platforms, particularly in Identity, Authentication or Authorization
- Data-driven mentality with a focus on metrics and analytics
- Enterprise product management experience, with experience building integrations
- Experience with agile development processes and frequent product releases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical degree, or equivalent experience working with engineers to make product decisions on behalf of customers
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans.
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year.
Smartsheet provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $205,200.00 to $280,800.00 | All other US States: $190,000.00 to $260,000.00
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!