Smartsheet is looking for a proven enterprise SaaS sales leader to develop and scale the Key & Strategic Accounts segment within the Large Enterprise sales organization. You will be responsible for continuing to refine the sales strategy to accelerate growth across a defined set of high-growth Global 2000 accounts in North America. Proven ability to scale the business by leading the efforts of refining sales motions, expanding executive relationships, incorporating the customer outcomes journey and selling high value solutions are essential success factors of this role. These elements need to be synthesized into a cohesive strategy that supports accelerating growth in software and services bookings across the Key & Strategic Accounts segment.
You have a proven track record of consistently exceeding sales goals with solid leadership, tenacity, great attitude, accountability, high energy, integrity, and discipline. As Vice President of Key & Strategic Accounts, you will be a member of the Large Enterprise senior sales leadership team that consistently exceeds objectives and leads a high performing enterprise sales organization. As a leader on this team, you will play a crucial role in making Smartsheet the Collaborative Work Management market leader across the Global 2000.
You will report to the SVP, Large Enterprise and be based in the US.
- Recruit, hire and develop a high performing enterprise SaaS sales team, including Regional Vice Presidents, Regional Directors, Account Executives and Enterprise Sales Representatives
- Drive strategy and lead the Key & Strategic Accounts team to consistently exceed quarterly and annual sales objectives
- Develop and lead the plan to significantly increase the number of Smartsheet senior executive relationships with C-level executives across Key & Strategic Accounts
- Develop trust-based relationships with leaders across the business, including Marketing, Product & Engineering, Finance, Operations, Sales Engineering, Professional Services and Customer Excellence
- Develop pricing/packaging and product competences in order to play leadership role in structuring, pursuing and winning large, complex deals
- Successfully develop and execute across all disciplines of sales management, including Account/Territory/Opportunity planning, sales methodology execution, forecasting and professional development
- Be a coach to Regional Vice Presidents, Regional Directors and Account Executives in the execution of a solution-based sales process encompassing multiple groups within Global 2000 accounts
- Proactively identify and address issues that inhibit growth in Key & Strategic Accounts
- Ensure the disciplined use across your sales organization of MEDDICC, Chorus, Seismic, Smartsheet, Salesforce, Tableau, ZoomInfo
- Demonstrated track record of exceeding sales objectives leading enterprise SaaS sales teams by winning new business and driving substantial growth in Global 2000 accounts
- Proven ability to drive sales teams in executing land and expand sales strategies to predictably expand accounts, culminating in being chosen as an enterprise standard
- Demonstrated competence in effectively engaging and developing value based relationships with Global 2000 C-level executives
- Minimum of 7 years experience, including third line management, leading strategic software, preferably enterprise SaaS, teams
- 10+ years of experience in the software industry with recent enterprise SaaS experience, preferably on the business applications side (selling to sales, marketing, HR, finance, manufacturing)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask, work cross-functionally within the organization, and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated sales methodologies (e.g. The Challenger Sale)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Smartsheet, Salesforce.com, Google Apps, Tableau skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required, MBA preferred
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!