We are looking for thoughtful people who are excited about solving tough problems and building software used by millions of people. We value product-oriented engineers who can own and architect features from start to finish. You will build beautiful experiences using Java microservices. You will operate these capabilities with a strong sense of ownership.
While this position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA, you will also have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States. You will report to a leader within our Engineering Organization.
- Design and implement features in Java
- Contribute in all stages of the product development and deployment lifecycle
- Mentor junior engineers on code quality and best practices
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Build and maintain integrations with the big players in tech: Amazon Web Services, Google, Salesforce.com, Box, Microsoft, PayPal and others
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- 5+ years software development experience
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Java, or similar languages
- Understanding of how web technologies work. Regardless of which frameworks you use or how you learned them, we're looking for people who can write clean, effective code.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, and front-end frameworks
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with AWS and Kubernetes with Microservices in AWS
- An extreme sense of ownership.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!