We're seeking thoughtful people who are excited about solving tough problems and building software used by millions of people. We value product-oriented engineers who can own, architect and implement features from start to finish. Our customers love our product and our engineers to deliver the quality expected of the Smartsheet team.
This position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA, reporting to an Engineering Leader. This position is remote eligible from any state within the US that Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Delight our customers by implementing highly visible and impactful features and improving existing ones
- Design and build services that can consume, process and act on millions of user actions within Smartsheet and scale to 100x as our as our customers continues to grow
- Extend our RESTful API to support core functionality
- Develop and maintain server-side Java code
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- 2+ years software development experience
- 2+ years Java web application development
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!