Smartsheet is looking for an experienced tax professional to join our growing team as a Senior Tax Manager in our Bellevue, WA Office. The Senior Tax Manager will help manage Smartsheet's tax planning and compliance and will work with cross functional teams to ensure that we comply with applicable laws.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Sr. Director of Tax located in our Bellevue office. This role is remote eligible with a preference for Mountain or West Coast time zones.
- Manage the federal, state and foreign income tax compliance processes
- Prepare and review the annual and quarterly global income tax provisions
- Monitor tax legislation, court cases and rulings that may impact Smartsheet and implement changes in the business processes
- Manage tax audits including responding to audit queries and information requests
- Help with process improvement activities related to the tax systems and compliance process
- Review monthly account reconciliations for indirect tax and income tax general ledger accounts
- Maintain documentation regarding internal tax processes including Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Manage a team and support development and hiring of new team members as we grow
- Help with special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
- 8+ years tax or accounting experience in a public accounting firm or equivalent experience in a large corporate tax department
- 4+ years of people management experience required with a record of leading, directing and coaching teams
- Experience with accounting for income taxes under ASC 740
- Proficient in Excel, Word and online tax research software
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!