Smartsheet is more than a leading work execution platform. It’s an engine of human achievement. By aligning people with technology, Smartsheet empowers businesses of all sizes to move faster, drive innovation, and achieve more.
Smartsheet is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to join the Business Intelligence Team. In this position you will drive internal and cross functional strategic projects for the Business Intelligence and Business Data Platform teams including developing and monitoring project plans and facilitating communication. In addition, you will lead and own compliance within both Business Intelligence and Data Platform teams, and ensure efficiency of internal processes.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager of the Business Intelligence team and can be based remotely or in our Bellevue, WA or Boston, MA offices.
- Drive and manage scope, resources, planning, risks, and communications for initiatives across Business Intelligence (BI) and Business Data Platform (BDP) teams, including managing day-to-day project plans.
- Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive projects and ensure alignment.
- Communicate clearly across teams and roles to ensure transparency of status, risks, and dependencies.
- Work directly with BI and BDP leaders on technically complex projects.
- Identify opportunities to scale processes and increase team efficiency through best practices, policies, tools, etc, to expand and mature the capabilities of the BI & BDP team.
- Ability to gather and spec out technical requirements for Data Platform team
- Adapt new and agile Project Management practices and methodologies from PMO team to ensure complex projects are done on time and within budget.
- Ensure and promote compliance within BI and BDP teams, including owning all SOX processes/audits and operational maintenance of internal processes.
- Champion Security, Privacy and/or Legal initiatives with BI and BDP teams.
- 3+ years of experience in a project/program management role (within data team is a plus)
- Familiar with data pipelines, data platforms, and data tools (Snowflake, AWS, Tableau, etc.).
- Ability to understand, evaluate and discuss technical details..
- Highly organized with an ability to balance being detail-oriented as well as seeing the big picture.
- Proactive and can execute with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and discuss technical areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer science, Engineering, or other technical degree required.
- Proactive and can execute with minimal direction
- Proficient in SQL.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!