Account Executive, New Business- Majors
Smartsheet is seeking change agents to join our Commercial Sales Team as an Account Executive, New Business - Majors. You will have a history of performance, exceeding quota attainment and winning new customers. This important role is dedicated to acquiring new logos while contributing to Smartsheet's overall revenue goals.
This remote role is part of the Commercial Sales team based out of the US and reports to a Manager, Commercial Sales.
- Acquire new Logos for Smartsheet by selling our full suite of products and services
- Qualify and prioritize inbound leads and turn them into opportunities and pipeline generation through end-to-end sales cycles with Major customers (2000+ employee size)
- Utilize multithreading and consistent lead outreach, as appropriate, within both new logos and existing customers to drive business growth
- Develop perspective on customer requirements to establish and deliver a high impact solution recommendation and business case, including ROI
- Analyze Salesforce Reports, Tableau and Zoominfo to identify opportunities within new and holdover accounts
- Understand & respond to Customer requirements within the sales market, including response to RFPs, defining collaboration goals, success criteria and program strategy to achieve results
- Conduct product demonstrations and partner with internal teams, including Sales Engineers, Customer Success and internal Consulting, to support complex sales cycles.
- Proactively work with internal and external stakeholders to successfully navigate the full sales cycle with urgency
- Qualify and prioritize strategic business while closing and up-leveling transactional business to ensure a healthy pipeline
- Create and maintain Joint Engagement Plans for strategic solution deals
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in Salesforce leveraging MEDDIC qualification guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years full sales cycle management with a history of proven performance in the SaaS space
- Experience prospecting and managing a designated territory to maximize revenue growth
- 3+ years of experience in managing and maintaining customer relationships in a B2B environment
- Executive mindset & ability to interact well with senior level corporate management
- Understanding of Solution/Consultative Selling with each stage in the sales cycle to advance the sale
- Establishes clear goals and priorities; translates strategy into action plans; holds self accountable for performance goals; does what is needed to ensure they consistently deliver an excellent customer experience
- Passion for working with emerging technologies and an ability to understand new technical concepts
- Ability to continuously improve and adopt best practices
- Ability to hold self accountable in the hybrid workplace
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
Smartsheet provides a competitive range of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $92,000 - $103,000| All other US States: $85,000 - $95,000 on base.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!