Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Project Manager to improve quality, efficiency, and collaboration with our Accounting organization. You will work with members of Accounting and Finance teams in identifying and resolving friction in business processes and work with Corporate IT and other business departments, to manage these important projects.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Senior Manager of Accounting Projects located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Represent Accounting in different projects designed to update our process and systems infrastructure
- Review cross-functional project charters to determine accounting and finance impact of system implementations and changes
- Ensure compliance with our policies and other SOX requirements
- Identify project risks to senior leadership, along with clear recommendations for resolution or mitigation
- Use project management techniques to meet our goals
- Track progress toward project goals to ensure that all requirements are met
- Work with multiple teams to promote alignment across departments
- Lead User Acceptance Testing activities supporting Finance/Accounting projects
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to project team
- Support other projects and daily activities as needed
- 5+ years of focused project management supporting Finance or Accounting
- Experience with project management and an understanding of project management concepts
- Experience with risks, internal controls, and accounting processes
- Experience with risk management; identify issues and escalate
- Work with nontechnical business partners to explain technical subject matter
- Collaborative work style
- Experience meeting and delivering on business objectives
- Promote positive change in the organization
- B.A in Accounting, Information Systems, or Related Field
- CPA preferred
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Health cover for full-time employees and family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your superannuation
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 4 weeks Annual Leave + Flexible Time Away Program
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid of Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counselling membership and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in Australia (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!