Senior Channel Account Manager- UK&I
Smartsheet is looking for a regional Channel Account Manager for the UK&I Channel based in London or Remote. The primary focus will be to optimize, activate and recruit our UK&I channel by managing and recruiting new solution partners. The channel account manager is a quota-carrying, revenue-producing role that is responsible for recruiting, onboarding and managing relationships with a defined portfolio of partners. The role is responsible for selective new partner recruitment against our ideal partner profile, engaging partners with the Smartsheet Aligned partner program, and driving joint partner business planning. Channel Account Managers will also significantly collaborate with Smartsheet direct sales teams locally.
- Recruit new partners aligned with our ideal partner profile. Current partner types include: VARs, Referral Partners, Distributors, System Integrators, and ISVs.
- Manage partnerships in the UK&I and other countries in the EMEA region.
- Exceed revenue targets by developing and maintaining relationships with potential and existing channel partners
- Ability to infect prospect partners with enthusiasm for an emerging software category - Collaborative Work Management.
- Engage and manage Smartsheet partner programs and relationships in support of partnership objectives and sales opportunities (e.g. direct sales, sales engineers, channel marketing)
- Manage a multi-quarter and annual planning process with key partners: Enablement, Co-Marketing, Sales pipeline. Channel pipeline, forecast reporting and track progress through the sales cycle. Host QBRs.
- Drive monthly partner alignment sessions to review partners’ pipelines, conduct win/loss analysis, and develop account penetration strategies to identify and build new sales opportunities
- Provide ongoing sales coaching and sales enablement activities, and work with the partner organizations to ensure they complete any required partner training and certifications
- Work with partners and other resources (e.g. partner marketing manager) on developing and executing a partner marketing plan to drive demand in support of revenue targets
- Manage the procurement process through and with partners, including our distributor [QBS].
- Review and advise partners on sales responses for RFIs/RFPs
- Secure ongoing partner preference and investment in supplier relationships and offerings; grow the supplier’s share of mind and share of wallet within the partner organization
- Manage partners’ compliance with channel program requirements and governance on channel policies to maintain the partner relationship
- Provide field and partner input and feedback to internal supplier functions (e.g. sales, product, marketing) on tools and programs
- Must be willing to travel (when public health policies allow)
- 5-7 years of sales experience in Enterprise Application software. SaaS experience preferred. Understanding of a services led partner model, - where the core value proposition for partners is delivering their own professional services. Not license transactions.
- Five years + of channel experience and, ideally, an existing network of software focused partners in UK&I. Understanding of a hybrid go to market model.
- Demonstrated ability with partner recruitment and joint business planning.
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional teaming
- Fluent in English (additional European Languages are a plus)
- Currently resides in the greater London area. Willingness to commute into central London for meetings when necessary.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!