The Regional Business Partner will develop and execute impactful, data-driven solutions for transforming the sales process, sales messaging, sales tools and other specialised content. Success is measured by the overall business impact of these solutions and cross-functional collaboration.
With a commitment to investing in the APAC region to better serve new and existing customers in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and the greater Asia Pacific geography, Smartsheet opened up its third international office in Sydney in January 2020. This is an opportunity to be a part of Smartsheet at this exciting time, working with an outstanding team to build and expand the Smartsheet brand across a new market.
In this role you will find responsibilities fall under three categories;
- Sales Team Development
- Partner with regional VP’s and the regional GTM leadership team to identify knowledge & skill gaps across the sales team (performance data should also be used to validate gaps) and address these gaps via comprehensive enablement programs.
- Ensure company-wide, regional and CRO OKR’s are communicated effectively to the field and that any field impacting initiatives are executed successfully, in partnership with the wider enablement team and regional GTM leaders
- Oversee, in conjunction with the regional Sales Trainer & Coach, a regional enablement calendar, including regular training programs (ie. Product & Feature Releases) and all other programs as they arise
- Partner with the Global Sales Onboarding Manager & the regional Sales Trainer & Coach on regional onboarding programs, ensuring that feedback from the sales leadership team is considered. Ensure that the sales onboarding program delivers fast ramp times for new sales reps.
- Leadership Team Development
- Develop competencies across the GTM leadership team by gaining a deep understanding of their requirements and partnering with our People & Culture team, as well as external vendors, to deliver training / coaching programs
- Partner with the regional VP’s to develop an annual development plan for regional GTM leaders.
- Partner with regional VP’s and the regional GTM leadership team to identify process challenges in the region;
- Engage the GTM leadership team to fully understand the challenges, their current impact on the business and what impact an improved process would deliver the region
- Partner with the regional Sales Operations Manager, the global operations team and/or other key stakeholders to build process improvement plans, test new processes, iterate and ultimately deploy improved processes to the field.
- Partner with regional VP’s on initiatives that would unlock new opportunities in the region
- Building business cases to gain investment from the Smartsheet investment committee (ie. local data centers)
- Investigating new GTM motions (ie. geographic or vertically aligned sales territories) and defining what would be required to make the new motion successful (ie. case studies, collateral, etc). Documenting the business impact of such new motions and presenting these findings to the regional VP’s.
- Investigating, in conjunction with our global Systems & Tools team, new technology that may unlock opportunities in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in a high-performance SaaS sales organisation in sales, enablement, or learning and development
- A strong understanding of the sales environment, including sales content, tools and training
- Experience with content management and learning management systems
- The ability to build internal relationships with sales and marketing
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work independently.
- A keen attention to detail and accuracy
- A high regard for confidentiality.
- Strong presentation skills in small and large groups
- The ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of an organisation.
- The ability to provide leadership in a virtual team environment.
- Strong one-on-one interpersonal skills.
- The ability to manage cross functional teams/projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to promoting an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status following applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we aim to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, to set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!