The Director of Professional Services will lead and inspire a team of Consultants and Architects. You will manage the operational and financial aspect of your EMEA Consulting teams. In addition to managing full business operations, the Director will have responsibility for business development, process review / improvement / creation, work qualities, and be intentional in coaching and leading future leaders of the organisation.
The Director will be responsible to the business through meeting financial / operational plans, hiring to plan, and development of resources. You will also translate the Consulting vision into a strategy for growth within your region. The over-arching cohesive Consulting strategy will be set by the Vice President and Sr Director, while taking strategic inputs from all Directors.
In addition to managing their team(s), the Director will also strategise on advanced revenue and execution methodologies with an intent to create new revenue streams, and improve traditional revenue paths.
We are looking for a leader with a unique blend of proficiency in technology-based solutions, people management skills, and business development experience.
You can work from our London office, or remotely within the UK. You will report to our Senior Director of Consulting within Professional Services.
- Provide leadership in the development of department objectives
- Hire, develop, and directly manage qualified Sr Managers and Managers
- Manage departmental budget and authorise expenditures.
- Manage department development opportunities
- Coordinate development of standardised documentation and resources for reporting performance and recommendations
- Provide collaboration and support on all strategic business planning and consulting in preparation for expansion, consolidation, new service offerings, and other business owner decisions that are presented
- Review and monitor all quarterly reporting on practice financial and statistical performance, opportunity analysis and budget vs. actuals performance
- Research industry trends and keep the team current on industry changes
- Provide consulting services throughout customer lifecycle to ensure maximum customer value and overall economic impact (software and services)
- Oversee scoping, estimating, proposing, SOW creation, and staff allocation
- Manage Consulting Managers and other leaders in your practice area
- Manage annual performance evaluations of your leadership team
- Plan, assign, and direct work; reward and discipline team members; address complaints and resolve problems
- Work with the Operations group to implement best practices
- Travel to meet with customers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 4-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- MBA, or equivalent, from an accredited university
- Prior P&L experience
- Excellent client management skills and the ability to work with customers in both pre- and post-sales environments
- Business development and team management skills
- 10+ years working in a software services, or Consulting leadership capacity
- Experience in solutioning, selling, and delivering solutions for F1000 organisations
- Experience partnering across departments
- Excellent customer engagement and solution visioning skills
- Experience translating customer requirements into software solutions
- Experience using change management and business process mapping strategies
- Legally eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 25 days paid for Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Flexible Time Away Program
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business out omes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!