Smartsheet is looking for motivated, outgoing, intellectually curious people to join our Sales Engineer Academy Program. Sales Engineers perform a vital function at the intersection of product, sales, consulting services, and the customer, validating and communicating solutions that drive customer outcomes. This role is an exciting opportunity to participate in a program which teaches you the skills necessary to work in the SaaS technology industry. This includes but is not limited to, fundamentals of consulting and software, working in presales / sales engineering and presentation & sellings skills needed for a successful career in Sales Engineering. Participants who successfully complete the program will have the opportunity to further their career at Smartsheet by joining the broader Sales Engineering team at our Bellevue, Boston, London, or Field locations.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Manager, Sales Engineer Academy located in our Bellevue, Boston, or London office. The starting date for this role will be in late July, 2022.
- Learn business practices including structure, programing, and work management.
- Participate in lectures and skill development training.
- Contribute to team projects solving customer problems
- Manage tickets in our sales support and technical presales support queue.
- Interact with team members for on the job training.
- College degree or working experience
- Interest in sales engineering as a career
- Motivated to learn new skills
- Comfortable presenting to others
- Curiosity around technology
- Comfort with the idea of sales
- Desire to collaborate with others and empower each other grow
- Desire to work in the technology industry with a growing company
- Receptive to feedback
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!