The Desktop Applications team is developing Smartsheet solutions that enable customers to experience Smartsheet as a desktop application on Mac and Windows environments. Our engineering teams are small, efficient, and driven by results. We work in an Agile environment that stays focused on building great software and solutions. Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to make an impact everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals.
We are looking for Software Engineers or Senior Software Engineers to build top-tier software systems that will help design and implement Smartsheet's next generation architecture that supports enabling Smartsheet’s experience wrapped as an application separate from the browser. In this role, you will use best engineering practices for design, development, testing, deployment, and operations. You will work closely with your team and other stakeholders to provide excellence in both SDLC and Operations.
Our team rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration. You will report to an Engineering leader based from our Bellevue, WA office and will have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States. Learn more about Smartsheet platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Write clean and efficient code based on product specifications and participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline implementations
- Work closely with other software engineers, partner teams, SRE, and product managers
- 5+ years for Sr Engineers software development experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, deployment, testing, operations, and monitoring
- Experience building scalable back-end services
- Experience building REST based APIs
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!