We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Sr. SE) to join the Search team. The Search team is at the heart of the Smartsheet platform and allows customers to index, search and analyze documents at scale in a secure, responsive, and reliable environment. Smartsheet Search is an end to end service based on AWS ElasticSearch Cluster. You will be an important member of the team and will take a part in innovating, optimizing, and maintaining applications, and APIs. By joining the team, you will have the opportunity to take Smartsheet's Search to the next level, focusing on elements such as relevancy, scalability and modernizing the search experience.
Our team is inclusive, supportive and highly collaborative. We work in an agile environment focused on building great software.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to make an impact everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Engineering Leader located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release.
- Design and implement scalable Search services
- Implement new features and improve the ones in place we have already built
- Build containerized Java services hosted in AWS
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years web application development
- 3+ years of experience working with Elasticsearch, Apache Solr, Apache Lucene or related search frameworks, where you have designed and maintained search indexes and ETL processes and have managed clusters, and performed query optimization, and performance tuning
- Worked with various search technologies at high scale and low latencies while offering flexible and robust search capabilities to downstream consumers
- Experience building highly scalable, highly available applications and services.
- Experience with infrastructure and CI/CD tools such as Terraform, Gitlab, etc
- Experience with Memcached, SQL based and NoSQL data stores or similar technologies
- Knowledge of Microservices in AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!