Smartsheet is seeking an experienced sales professional to join our team as an Account Executive, Expansion - Mid Market. You will have a history of performance in quota attainment and developing customer accounts.
This important role is part of the Commercial Sales team and is based at Smartsheet in Sydney (or Remotely in Melbourne), and reports to the Manager, Commercial Sales.
With a commitment to investing in the APAC region to better serve new and existing customers in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and the greater Asia Pacific geography, Smartsheet opened up its third international office in Sydney in January 2020. This is an opportunity to be a part of Smartsheet at this exciting time, working with an outstanding team to build and expand the Smartsheet brand across a new market.
- Exceed software and services sales quotas
- Execute a complex, solution-based sales process encompassing multiple groups within Mid Market or equivalent accounts (200-2000 employee size)
- Develop new business opportunities by analysing and proactively targeting high-value needs across multiple departments and lines of business
- Articulate and demonstrate Smartsheet's unique business, solution and functional value
- Build executive awareness, sales pipeline and bookings growth in immature accounts
- Define account strategies that ensures sales velocity by partnering with Sales Engineer, Customer Success Manager and Solutions Consultant
- Proactively develop unsolicited proposals that align with customer initiatives and position Smartsheet as an enterprise software solution provider
- Effectively forecast sales opportunities, while tracking and using important metrics that predict sales success
- Use Smartsheet in the execution of daily sales activities
- Track all relevant sales activity using our CRM platform
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of SaaS full cycle sales experience exceeding quota working in Mid Market accounts
- Experience managing customer relationships and maintaining relationships in a B2B environment
- Sales experience in a technology oriented field
- Must know how to use each stage in the sales cycle to Execute a sale
- Work with multiple functional departments and roles to manage customer life cycle from implementation to renewal
- Excellent ability in analysing the opportunity for cross-sell and up-sell potential within existing books of business
- Experience prospecting and managing a designated territory to maximize revenue growth
- Effectively investigate accounts to uncover opportunities for up-sell within existing plans, and multi-thread opportunities across the organization
- Ability to deal well with pressure; remain optimistic and persistent, even under adversity
- Manage excellent interactions both internally and externally with senior level corporate management
- Familiarity of CRM software packages and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Passion for working with new technologies and new technical concepts
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of other post-secondary education or experience
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!