The Desktop Applications team is developing Smartsheet solutions that enable customers to experience Smartsheet as a desktop application on Mac and Windows environments. Our engineering teams are small, efficient, and driven by results. We work in an Agile environment that stays focused on building great software and solutions for our enterprise customers. Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to make an impact everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to build top-tier software systems that will help design and implement Smartsheet's next generation architecture that supports enabling Smartsheet’s experience wrapped as an application separate from the browser. In this role, you will mentor other engineers, establish best engineering practices and can act as a lead on cross-team projects. You will drive positive change in the work environment with a consistent track record of delivering on commitments. You will communicate proactively to different audiences including executives and Product and UX design stakeholders.
Our team rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration. You will report to an Engineering leader based from our Bellevue, WA office and will have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States. Learn more about Smartsheet platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video
- Focus on supporting team members, “We” before “Me”, to unblock hurdles, encourage engineering excellence, growing existing talent, and actively recruiting future star engineers
- Guide, mentor, and influence team members regarding architecture, best practices, and technical directions
- Review and coach team on project designs for design review presentations
- Initiate, lead and deliver significant improvements to distributed services
- Analyze feature sets for market effectiveness: facilitate appropriate feedback and discussions with Product and Design
- Ensure practices followed by the team focus on consistent quality, maintainability, operational excellence, and scalability
- Resolve conflicts, bring teams together, and promote solutions that benefit multiple teams
- 7+ years software development experience with 3+ years previous management experience
- Experience building highly performant, scalable, and highly available customer facing applications (Desktop and Web Applications)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best Agile practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, deployment, rollback, testing, operations, and monitoring
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!