Cyber Security is an integral part of Smartsheet's corporate culture. At Smartsheet, we believe that it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Cyber Security has a significant effect on privacy, external reputation, and it is a priority on everyone's agenda.In this essential role, you will build solutions that help Smartsheet security in threat intelligence, identifying threat intelligence gaps and bridging those gaps by working with several partners within Smartsheet. You will be part of the Dev SecOps function to help orchestrate world-class detection and response program.
You will report to our Sr. Manager, Engineering located in our Bellevue,WA office and have the option to work remotely from an Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
- Tracking adversaries and investigations that span on-premise and cloud-based compromises, including investigations into cloud-based email and infrastructure.
- Reverse-engineering with static and behavioral binary analysis experience to extract IOCs for telemetry team's consumption.
- Experience in security research, incident response and attacker tradecraft. Experience working with extremely large data sets, using tools and scripting languages like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI.
- Demonstrated capability to analyze and coherently present complex threat intelligence information in a meaningful way.
- Indicator, Signature, and TTP development and management
- Expertise in uncovering adversary activity not detected by industry detection rules
- Experience working with detection methodologies across multiple platforms.
- Ability to utilize attacker uptake and impact to prioritize security detection and remediation tasks.
- Understanding of network protocols and analytical experience with network infrastructure data & telemetry.
- Functional understanding of common threat analysis models such as the Cyber Kill Chain, and MITRE ATT&CK.
- 5+ years of professional experience in tracking cyber threats and/or incident response and leveraging intelligence on attacker methodology, tools, and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn how malware is developed, functions, and is employed with specific understanding of malware used in CyberCrime operations
- Ability and willingness to conduct in-depth analysis of the tools and tradecraft used by threat actors on a technical level
- SaaS and Cloud experience
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, SANS GREM, SANS GCIH, SANS GIAC etc.
- Experience with Cyber Security Operations, Incident Response processes and threat intelligence integrations
- Experience with SIEM solutions like Splunk, Sumologic, ELK, Securonix
- Expert Python Scripting, Perl, Shell scripting and SecDevOps/automation and or orchestration
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!