Smartsheet is looking for a Sales Engineering Onboarding Manager who will run onboarding new hires in the Sales Engineering department. You will manage onboarding systems, newly hired SEs' first 90 days of employment, and develop new practices to keep onboarding aligned with our evolving business. You should have both a technical and support-based background, as well as knowledge related to onboarding practices and experience working with teams.
You will report to our Senior Manager of Global Pre-Sales Programs.
- Become an expert at Smartsheet's products, enabling the Sales Engineers and Sales Reps to utilize the demo environment and close new and expansion sales
- Manage the Onboarding Environment infrastructure.
- Help the company scale by identifying and leading technical or process improvement projects that root out inefficiencies and grow our onboarding program and increase use across multiple constituencies
- Develop new onboarding content relevant to Sales Engineering readiness.
- Partner with Sales Engineering Disciplines to develop tailored onboarding experiences.
- Create videos or self-guided training content for new hires to learn about Smartsheet, their role, and support model.
- Mentor and Teach new Smartsheet Sales Engineer's in all aspects of role responsibilities and sales support.
- Assist in the closure of new and expansion deals
- Provide technical support as needed for the demo environment
- Partner with Sales Enablement, HR to align onboarding with cross department peers
- 3 Years Experience in pre-sales
- 3 Years Experience onboarding or mentoring new employees
- Experience creating impactful documentation, onboarding collateral or instructional materials including presentations and online training
- Experience in the configuration, customization, and implementation of SaaS applications
- High level of technical aptitude
- Smartsheet product knowledge
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!