Are you looking to make a difference in an organization? Few things are as rewarding as being able to see the difference you've made in the world around you, and we're looking for a Security Architect to put some dents in our universe.
Security Architects work with partners across the company to understand business needs, goals, and directions and will leverage their breadth of experience and expertise to design secure solutions, define best practices, and develop roadmaps to help the business securely accomplish its goals.
As an architect, you will seek and identify problems, work with your counterparts to understand needs and practical use cases, and develop solutions and set patterns that will be used across the organization.
Your will report to our company's Manager of Security Engineering. While this position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA, you also have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
- Plan, research and design robust security architectures
- Set security standards and define best-practices for the enterprise
- Provide security direction for teams across the enterprise
- Designs systems and solutions with a understanding of impact to the business, our customers, and resources available to affect change
- Review and evaluate existing systems, solutions, and practices, and design improvements within the appropriate context of the current and future states
- Present and explain solutions across all levels of management
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- 5+ Years of Security Engineering Experience
- 2+ Years of Architecture Experience
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cloud architecture, IAM, and securing web applications and modern enterprises
- Broad hands-on experience working across multiple information security domains (security architecture and engineering, identity and access management, software development security, communications and network security, security assessment, security operations, and security and risk management)
- A sound understanding of and experience with networks and systems
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!