Smartsheet is looking for a Commercial Sales Engineer who will provide technical leadership throughout the inside sales process. You will be a trusted solution and technical advisor during the sales process and provide expertise that ensures successful Smartsheet deployment and adoption.
This high profile role is part of the Commercial Sales team and is based at Smartsheet corporate offices in London, UK.
- Be a recognised Smartsheet expert and develop deep Smartsheet knowledge relevance (workflow definition, solution design)
- Partner with Commercial Account Executives to deliver technical demonstrations of Smartsheet’s SaaS platform, Integrations, and Add-Ons
- Collaborate with existing Sales Engineers in the design of creative solutions to customer requirements using Smartsheet
- Demonstrate technical aspects of the product as a way to solve specific customer problems
- Provide daily product/technical support to sales team and new team and enterprise prospects
- Provide support for preparing technical responses to prospect questions, FAQs, knowledge base and case support entries; help define “best practices” for broad usage across large enterprises
- Travel to enterprise customer sites periodically, serving as a technical subject matter expert to the sales team.
- Deliver on, and exceed, all performance targets
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer, Solution Architect, or related field in the SaaS and enterprise software industry
- Technical leadership and outstanding customer-facing skills
- Passion for working with web-based technologies and desire understanding of functionality, use cases, and business and technical elements.
- Consultative approach regarding technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Experience in solution design or solution architecting related to collaboration/workflow/project management.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Google apps, Salesforce.com, MS Suite skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- 25 days paid for Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses.
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!