Smartsheet is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (SE) to join a recently formed engineering team. You will help develop new customer-facing front-end features that will help us enhance Smartsheet's utility for all of our customers. The ideal candidate will be a full stack engineer with a preference toward front-end development. Our engineering team is small, highly efficient, and works in an agile apolitical environment that stays focused on building great software. Smartsheet has a value-driven culture, where people love what they do and are empowered to make an impact every day.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to an Engineering leader in our Bellevue office, and you have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Participate in all phases of engineering including quality assurance, operations and defect resolution
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years web application development
- Experience building a highly scalable, high availability application
- Experience with CI/CD systems as well as packaging and delivery systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!