Smartsheet is seeking a Director of Strategy who will play a critical role in shaping and driving the long-term growth of the company. This role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Smartsheet. You will work closely with the Sr. Leadership team to define the market opportunity, and develop medium and long-term growth strategies. The ideal candidate will enjoy diving deep into complex problems, thinking strategically and driving and executing critical business initiatives. You will work effectively with cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will be comfortable with conducting industry research, internal and external, and building relationships both internally and externally.
You will report to the SVP, Corporate Development and Strategy and can be located remotely (in the U.S.) or in our Bellevue, WA headquarters.
- Lead the development of Smartsheet's long-term growth strategy and multi-year business plan. Work closely with the Smartsheet Sr. Leadership team and key function leaders to develop robust long-term strategic growth roadmaps that consider organic (e.g., product, innovation & technology) and inorganic growth opportunities (M&A, JVs, venture capital) in both existing and adjacent markets
- Conduct strategic analyses of existing and adjacent markets to help identify and evaluate potential product, innovation opportunities. Critically review and assess market structure, customer workflow and needs as well as trends & drivers influencing market size, growth, profitability, comparative advantage and risk
- Collaborate across functions to support the annual business planning process and ensure that long-term strategies are woven into actionable annual plans
- Provide research and analytical support as part of a cross-functional team to identify and evaluate critical strategic opportunities
- 7+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate development, strategy.
- Deep experience in the technology sector
- Demonstrated strategic and financial analysis skills
- Master's degree in Business Administration/related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an innovative, fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous high-priority projects
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!