We are looking for a Support Team Manager to join the Smartsheet Support team. We are seeking a highly motivated, proactive individual with demonstrated leadership skills interested in enhancing those skills further. You will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of Support Specialists in providing exceptional customer support experiences to our customers. You will coordinate the day-to-day operations of your team, assist in the queue and with escalations, and work with Support managers to ensure your team is hitting its goals. The successful candidate will be experienced (3+ years) in leading and developing a support team within a Software as a Service environment.
You will report to our Manager, Support Team Operations, and can work from our Bellevue, WA office or remotely anywhere within the United States where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- 10% case management (as needed for service level requirements and customer escalations)
- 75% defining coaching plan for team members and coaching for improved behaviors
- 15% Support improvement and cross-team (within support) level development projects
- Manage a support team to provide Enterprise level, post-sales support to Smartsheet customers
- Set clear objectives, evaluate progress and instill a high performance culture with focus on teamwork, support excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues.
- Set-up, manage and improve standards and procedures within the team.
- Ensure working practices are well defined and operational with minimal disruption using technology to improve efficiency as appropriate.
- Manage the customer support team and individual performance, technical and skills development.
- Encourage open communication between team members, suggesting and driving forward ideas about how the team can work more effectively together.
- Review daily priorities and take appropriate action to ensure results are achieved.
- Remain aware of new product developments in the area of SaaS technology providing input and tactical direction to the business on customer support and support challenges
- Identify and assist in the resolution of high-priority issues and complex technical issues, including Support Consult and customer escalations
- Assist team with prioritization of responsibilities to team members and coach/provide feedback as needed
- Advocate for customers and define ways to continually add value to the customer experience
- Collaborate on and develop leads to conduct coaching sessions with individuals on your team
- Prepare and deliver performance reviews on defined business rhythm for your team
- Deliver on team goals in line with overall Support goals and Smartsheet objectives
- Establishing individual quality goals for team members in line with Support team goals
- Must be available to travel up to 6 weeks per year for various company & team needs
- Effectively collaborate with peer managers, internal stakeholders and partners, and shared services teams
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of experience in a customer service/Technical support setting, with a preference for operating in a fast-paced, high-volume technical SaaS environment with a high degree of critical thinking and problem solving
- 3-6 years of experiencing in mentoring, managing, or providing feedback to individual contributors
- Excellent end-user interaction and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present initiatives internally and across the wider business community
- Leadership skills and proven track record as a resource for other team members
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take ownership of issues or challenges
- Willingness and ability to learn and develop new skills quickly
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively in an agile support environment
- Ability to train and mentor others on the Support team
- Work effectively with internal enablement teams such as Training Quality and Operations (TQO)
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!