We are looking for an Engineer to be an important contributor on the team that implements, supports and deploys the App-Core infrastructure and local development environments. The team is responsible for availability, scalability and stability of the core platform used by millions. We are actively improving various components of our services where opportunity exists. Engineers deploy various AWS services (EC2, ALB, R53, RDS, SQS/SNS, Elasticache) via Terraform & Terragrunt. Deployments are mid-migration to an automated solution to allow for more frequent deployments. We are expanding the surface area of the platform to multiple regions and modernizing our Gov/FedRamp environment. Come join us during this exciting time!
You will report to an Engineering leader in our Bellevue office, and you have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to achieve their very best work. Today, we provide a cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better results.
- ~75%-100% operational support of the infrastructure
- Up to ~25% development and deployment lifecycle: design, planning, and monitoring
- Enhance and automate our deployment and other tools to AWS
- Guide and implement improvements to our monitoring systems
- Provide support of the platform as part of a rotating on-call schedule
- Familiarity with microsystems architectures
- Code/Scripting/Automation experience in Python, Ruby, Go, Bash
- Experience with infrastructure as code using Terraform, AWS Services, AWS CLI
- Knowledge of cloud computing on AWS
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Docker-Compose)
- Fundamental knowledge of networking
- Knowledge of CI/CD best practices
- Source control through GitLab
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!