Smartsheet is looking for a Data Infrastructure Engineer to join our Business Data Platform team. In this role, the qualified candidate will be responsible for driving the design and development of data pipelines and data platform infrastructure components with a focus on reliability, scalability, and maintainability.
This position will report to our Sr Manager of, Business Data Platform and is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Work with dispersed engineering teams and business users to design and build infrastructure to run data pipelines in to our centralized data platform
- Contribute to full SDLC; defining, prioritizing, designing, implementing, testing, and deploying new features for our platform
- Contributing thoughtful feedback on peer design and code reviews
- Engage in troubleshooting and root cause analysis toward identifying solutions and next steps for production issues
- Own critical features and be able to work in a self-directed, autonomous manner
- Be a hard worker who is willing to learn new skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of engineering experience preferably with python or any high level software language
- Has some experience with working on multi-terabyte big data systems
- 6 months cloud environment experience AWS, Azure or other cloud provider
- Experience with AWS services like Lambda, S3, Cloudwatch, ECS, Fargate, RDS/Aurora or DynamoDB is very helpful
- Experience with Snowflake and Apache Airflow is also helpful
- Experience with Terraform, Terragrunt and CICD is highly desirable
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!