Smartsheet is seeking an experienced sales professional to join our team as a Client Development Manager. You will have a history of performance in quota attainment and developing customer accounts.
This important role is part of the Commercial Sales team and is based at Smartsheet in Boston, MA and reports to a Manager, Commercial Sales.
- Exceed software and services sales quotas
- Execute a complex, solution-based sales process encompassing multiple groups within Majors Accounts or equivalent to 2k-10k employee size.
- Develop new business opportunities by analyzing and proactively targeting high-value needs across multiple departments and lines of business
- Articulate and demonstrate Smartsheet's unique business, solution and functional value
- Build executive awareness, sales pipeline and bookings growth in immature accounts
- Define account strategies that ensures sales velocity by partnering with Sales Engineer, Customer Success Manager and Solutions Consultant
- Proactively develop unsolicited proposals that align with customer initiatives and position Smartsheet as an enterprise software solution provider
- Effectively forecast sales opportunities, while tracking and using important metrics that predict sales success
- Use Smartsheet in the execution of daily sales activities
- Track all relevant sales activity using our CRM platform
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of SaaS full cycle sales experience exceeding quota within a Majors/Enterprise territory
- Experience selling enterprise software, preferably emerging SaaS solutions
- Ability to build relationships with Enterprise or equivalent senior line-of-business and IT executives, and operational managers
- Excellent ability in analyzing the opportunity for cross-sell and up-sell potential within existing books of business
- Ability to deal well with pressure; remain optimistic and persistent, even under adversity
- Manage excellent interactions both internally and externally with senior level corporate management
- Familiarity of CRM software packages and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Passion for working with new technologies and new technical concepts
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of other post-secondary education
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!