Smartsheet is seeking a talented Associate People Business Partner to join its growing People & Culture (P&C) team. We are looking for a highly capable and motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills to support our employees in the UK and Germany. Strong candidates will have experience working in a high-growth, fast-paced work environment.
This position will be remote eligible with the ability to work from our London office, occasional travel may be required to support our office in Munich. You will report to the Manager, People Partnerships (EMEA).
- Act as first point of contact for all employee relation queries; supporting managers on people related matters, providing advice in-line with Company policies & procedures, employment law and best practices
- Manage the full employee lifecycle from onboarding through to off-boarding
- Assist with the VISA procurement process, liaising with external counsel, providing support to applicants and updating records
- Support the performance review process and employee engagement process, including coaching managers and managing data, workflow and analysis
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Payroll and PBP teams on administration of various projects, providing operational support as needed
- Assist the Manager, People Partnerships - EMEA with investigations, disciplinaries and grievances as required; ensuring case notes are recorded correctly and stored
- Assist with the input, maintenance, accuracy of employee data, ensuring timeliness, and completeness
- Active planning & support of employee engagement initiatives, including team member events and communications
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2+ years direct HR experience with emphasis on employee and manager engagement
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with individuals inside and outside Smartsheet in a way consistent with our values and commitment to service
- Business fluency in German
- Direct, approachable, and clear written and verbal communicator
- A communicative and collaborative approach to working with stakeholders both externally and internally
- Strong attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Ability to work independently, manage shifting priorities, demonstrate good personal judgment, and effectively handle tasks under pressure
- Flexibility in handling workload fluctuations and multiple requests
- Acute understanding of confidentiality and access to sensitive information
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Advanced level of proficiency using Microsoft Office and Google for Work
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with Smartsheet and Workday a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 25 days paid for Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Flexible Time Away Program
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!