Smartsheet is looking for our next Software Engineer to join our diverse engineering team. Dynamic View is a premium product of Smartsheet that enables customers to build custom processes, control field views, set logic over which fields are displayed, made read-only, or hidden based on field status dynamically, and offers granular control over security. Our engineering teams are small, efficient, and driven by results. We work in an agile environment that stays focused on building great software and solutions for our beloved customers. Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to make an impact everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals.
Our team focuses on distributed decision-making that rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration. You will report to an Engineering leader based from our Bellevue office and will have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Sr. Engineering Manager located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- Build highly scalable/available infrastructure in AWS
- Work with other team members in your own team as well as collaborate with other teams for any dependencies
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline implementations
- Mentor junior engineers on code quality and best practices
- Work closely with other software engineers, partner teams, SRE, and product managers
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability applications
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, deployment, rollback, testing, operations, and monitoring
- Experience building scalable back-end services
- Experience building REST based APIs
- Experience developing microservices and software solutions using AWS
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!