Smartsheet is looking for a Key Accounts Executive (KAE) to play a key role in executing our Large Enterprise sales strategy to rapidly expand a defined set of Global 2000 accounts. This position will nurture, retain and upsell a subset of Smartsheet’s top customers. The main goal is to become a strategic partner and advisor to the client, discovering new opportunities to work together for mutual benefit. The Key Account model is anchored on developing account-specific approaches with deliberate strategy, ongoing executive and IT cadence, and persistent long-term vision.
KAEs will need to form a strategic perspective for each one of their accounts. This will include obtaining a deep knowledge of the target customer’s business objectives, market positioning, growth plans, and partnership expectations. They will also orchestrate deals and long-term plans that align with a mutually beneficial strategy while leading their customers through an enterprise sale’s complex process and multiple steps.
The KAE will act as a visionary and rally both their customers and internal constituents on key initiatives. They will influence their extended Smartsheet team and align with internal leaders. Because KAEs touch so many parts of the business, they should be confident and command respect from both their clients and their coworkers while demonstrating a strong executive presence.
This high-profile role will work to cover a small number of named accounts in the Eastern US and will report to the Sr Regional Director of Key Accounts.
- Exceed quarterly and annual software and services sales quotas
- Execute a complex, solution-based sales process encompassing multiple groups within a Global 2000 account
- Prospect, approach, and establish executive business and IT relationships with ongoing cadence to ensure strong support and alignment with your target accounts
- Clearly articulate the value of Smartsheet offerings both strategically and financially
- Develop new business opportunities by analyzing and proactively targeting high-value needs across multiple functions and business lines
- Evangelize Smartsheet’s unique business, solution, and functional value
- Curate custom offerings that drive more value for key accounts, helping to sell more effectively and retain long-term relationships
- Align the customer’s strategy the overall account strategies that enable sales velocity by partnering with Value Strategist, Solutions Engineer, Customer Success Manager, and Enterprise Sales Representative
- Collaborate with different teams, such as Product, Marketing, Services, Finance, Operations, etc. to ensure the customer’s needs and expectations are properly met
- Drive negotiations with a keen sense of timing, strong persuasion skills, and the confidence to hold their ground and push back when necessary
- Effectively forecast sales opportunities, while tracking and using critical metrics that predict sales success
- Use Smartsheet in the execution of daily sales activities
- Track all relevant sales activity using the company's CRM platform
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated enterprise sales success; track record of exceeding quotas and receiving recognition, awards for high performance
- Experience selling enterprise software, preferably emerging SaaS solutions
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with Global 2000 senior line-of-business and IT executives, as well as operational managers
- Proven ability to manage a diverse pipeline of strategic sales opportunities
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Experience addressing C-suite executives as well as coordinating operations managers and sales reps
- Demonstrable experience executing a complex, solution-based strategic sales process
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth company where change is a constant
- Understands the difference between activity and results; solid work ethic
- Able to function independently, as well as collaboratively with Smartsheet team members
- Used Smartsheet, Salesforce.com, Google Apps, Tableau skills
- Used MEDDICC to effectively qualify sales opportunities
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!