Smartsheet is looking for our next Senior Engineering Manager to manage a development team responsible for a machine learning framework that powers a recommendation engine. This framework helps identify user patterns and makes recommendations to empower our customers.
In this role you will be managing a team of highly technical engineers who work in an agile environment that focus on building great software. You will mentor engineers, scale the team and be a lead on multiple projects. You will communicate proactively and effectively to different audiences, including executives and non-technical partners.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to achieve their best work. Today, we provide a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better results.
You will report to our Senior Manager, Engineering located in our Bellevue office and you also have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
- Guide and mentor team members regarding architecture and best practices
- Review and coach team on project designs for design review presentations
- Analyze feature sets for market effectiveness: promote appropriate feedback and discussions with Product and Design
- Analyze feature sets for implementation efficiency and performance: facilitates feedback and discussions with Product and Design
- Create strong partnership with product management and other essential areas of the business
- Communicate proactively and often with peers, executives and team members
- Actively participate in recruiting
- 8+ years software development experience
- 4+ years previous management experience
- Experience building scalable, high available customer-facing cloud applications
- Experience building or managing full stack teams is a plus
- Experience building or managing machine learning productsis a plus
- Experience building teams including, recruiting and retention
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- AWS or other Cloud experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!