Sr Director, Professional Services Sales
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
As Sr Director of our Professional Services Sales team, you will lead the development and adoption of a company-wide approach to Services Sales that drives higher levels of customer success and Services revenue growth. As a key member of the WWFO team you will collaborate across all critical functions to evolve Smartsheet’s Services offering.
You will report to the Vice President, Customer Outcomes, joining a team that leads our prescriptive framework for customer evolution to dynamic work, our run and operate organization for strategic customers, and our Professional Services Sales organization to accelerate and derisk customers journey.
- Drive growth by leading the evolution of our PS go-to-market as we grow from an eight to a nine digit PS P&L.
- Your team will lead the services pre-sales process with the sales team to understand the customer’s business and technical objectives, as well as, solution requirements, in order to build customer relationships, and scope opportunities
- Define, recruit and develop new selling roles aligned to our GTM segmentation of customers types, with senior group of CSDs (client services directors) driving large account level services roadmaps, while maintaining and optimizing the technical scoping roles of the existing PSSM/PSTE team (PS Technical Engineers and Sales Managers)
- Attain PS bookings goals while maintaining the healthy conversion to revenue with target margins
- Develop and implement Services decision framework to balance Partner, Deal Velocity, PS utilization objectives
- Become a part of Account Strategy process & enable sales with customer-facing “value of services” & offerings pitch
Optimize our bi-model PS practices to increase attach rate & sales efficiency
- Manage the bookings contribution that shapes our revenue P&L. Add Forecasting capability for PS delivery & Sales LT to better estimate capacity needs based upon shaping bookings trends by service type and domain.
- Standardize the processes to request, scope, price, close SOWs. Your team will create Professional Services opportunities, manage pursuits, present project SOW’s and be an integral partner in closing deals.
- Reset attach rates targets for differing segments to hit services plan targets and smooth out services delivery & revenue recognition cycle
Evolve our Services Portfolio to drive customer outcomes and ARR growth
- Work with PS delivery to update/enhance/evolve our standard service catalog
- Shape new contracting processes such as Service Credits, Fixed Fee sows, milestone delivery programs, and co-delivery with Partners
- Analyze and benchmark service mix between (technical implementation, process configuration, adoption services) to optimize customer outcome realization
- Use customer journey plays & supporting solutions to make packaged services more impactful on customer outcomes
- Better align our services selling and offerings to the strategic GTM approach of our Customer Outcomes Journey
- 5+ years leading a professional services sales practice in a SaaS organization or technology consulting firm
- 10+ years of experience working within consulting organizations
- Experience defining, building and/or transforming a services sales organization
- Direct experience and proficiency in leadership and possesses a demonstrated leadership philosophy
- Ability to articulate and position the value proposition of PS offerings
- Ability to assess and direct Customer needs to the appropriate PS offering(s)
- Experience in developing and growing C-Level relationships with an ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills, to include: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques
- Ability to persuade others through presentations and written communication
- A strong track record of building and leading high performance teams
- Ability to travel, as needed, up to 50%
- BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
- Self motivated and detail oriented
- Practical knowledge of Collaborative Work Management products and/or SaaS products