Principal Technical Account Manager
The top priority of the Smartsheet Support team is to make loyal fans of our customers. Our global team supports customers answering everything from "how-to" questions to technical troubleshooting, to basic solution building, maintenance, and enhancement.
The Principal Technical Account Manager is a business advisor to specific Smartsheet customers, providing Advanced Services for the customer's priorities to maximize the value of their Smartsheet investment. You will contribute to the quality and satisfaction of the customer's services relationship through post-consulting technical support, maintenance and enhancements on advanced application solutions.
Your role is revenue generating (customers will pay an annual fee for the dedicated on-call service).
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Senior Manager, Technical Account Management. This role is fully remote eligible!
- Build strategic relationships with essential technical team members within our customer organizations, including the IT Directors, CTO, CIO, and Line of Business leaders, and more.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the market forces affecting our customers and offer insight into ways Smartsheet can help our customers meet their goals.
- Help customers evolve their IT maturity, improve productive use of Smartsheet products, and empower IT to make their business better.
- Contribute to sustainable growth through partnerships with Services Sales, Success and Consulting team to strategize on ways to create new opportunities within their accounts.
- Contribute to our service profitability through portfolio management including contract usage, contribution margin, operational expense management, and revenue growth, in a manner consistent with Smartsheet legal, fiscal and personnel policies.
- Serve as the Smartsheet Platform expert on capabilities and extensibility scenarios.
- Partner with Account Executives, Strategic Customer Success Managers and Consultants to develop long-term strategies.
- Advise, assist, and maintain services across the entire support lifecycle, including Service Delivery Planning, Service Delivery Management, Incident Management / Escalations and Proactive Remediation Services using tools available in the Smartsheet ecosystem.
- Lead virtual teams comprised of Smartsheet, partner and customer resources to provide complex solutions that result in a One Smartsheet approach.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises.
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to understand Smartsheet's benefits, use cases, and business and technical elements.
- Working experience in the configuration, customization, and implementation of SaaS applications.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, CIS, CS, BS or equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education.
- Understanding of security protocols, SSO and basic understanding of APIs.
- Experience with project and portfolio management.
- Comfort with a fast paced environment, and demonstrated ability to succeed in a dynamic and high growth technology environment supporting and delivering multiple solutions at once.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer on an ongoing basis.
- 2+ years of relevant technology, or related field experience.
- 2+ years in a customer facing role.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!