Smartsheet is seeking an experienced Corporate Development Senior Manager who will play a critical role in shaping and driving the long-term growth of the company. This role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Smartsheet. You will work closely with the Sr. Leadership team to define the market opportunity, develop medium and long-term growth strategies, identify, evaluate, and recommend potential M&A and investment opportunities, and support on execution of deals. The ideal candidate will enjoy diving deep into complex problems, thinking strategically and have strong financial skills. You will be comfortable with conducting industry research, valuation analyses, and have strong qualitative and quantitative skills.
You will report to the SVP, Corporate Development and Strategy and can be located remotely (in the U.S.) or in our Bellevue, WA headquarters.
- Work closely with the SVP to develop a robust M&A / investment pipelines focused on inorganic growth opportunities (M&A, investments) in both existing and adjacent markets
- Conduct strategic analyses and industry research to help identify and evaluate potential investment and/or acquisitions opportunities
- Lead sourcing and pipeline development, help author internal decision making processes and documentation including valuation and analysis
- Support other duties that may be assigned as part of Corporate Development work
- 6-7+ years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, venture capital or private equity
- Deep experience in the technology sector
- Demonstrated financial valuation skills
- Master's degree in Business Administration/related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an innovative, fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous high-priority projects
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!