Do you like problem solving and getting things done? Keen on optimization and system development, and working on problems with massive scale? Smartsheet UK is looking for a highly motivated and intelligent Senior Technical Product Manager to join and run the rapidly growing UK Product and Engineering teams.
Our business is built on finding top grade talent and empowering them to focus on customer success. This role involves working with the team to build and improve our Dataflow (integrations) offerings, across a suite of software products and frameworks. Our software team is small, highly efficient, and driven by results - we work in a fast paced, agile environment that stays focused on building software that makes an impact.
We empower our Product Managers to own every aspect of the strategy and execution of their area, with frequent direct access to senior engineering and product decision makers up to C-Suite level to sell your vision. You won’t be told what to build; we want you to tell us what needs to be built.
You will be working to empower external developers and customers such as managed service providers to work with our ecosystem by providing them with a robust and scalable public API, well defined SDKs, and the performance, usability and documentation they need to build great, third party “outside in” experiences. This is a greenfield position, building a new team from scratch that is initially seeded with talented engineers from within the company, and then growing the team externally. This position is either based at our Edinburgh, Scotland site, fully remote within the UK, or a hybrid, and you will report to the Senior Manager of Product.
You are a technically focused PM with experience in a similar or related space, and the ability to define a product vision in a very technical space. You will ideally have worked previously as an engineer or in engineering related spaces, such as technical consulting, DevOps, or IT, or you’ll have been in Product with relevant experience looking for a more technically focused team. You will be familiar with working with APIs, SDKs, webhooks, and the management of data sync and transfer at scale; you’re equally at home defining an API endpoint with engineers as you are talking to customers to discuss their needs.
You will additionally likely have at least one direct report working on API documentation and enablement materials with you.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description, or if your hard skills don’t match the requirements. Hard skills can be taught or learned, but for our Product team the right attitude, potential and a willingness to learn are the most important characteristics to us. If your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart.
- Help drive the entire product development life cycle, from concept to release
- Analysis and metrics on usage, impact, and potential for product improvements
- Market and competitor research
- Ownership of product specifications and timeline
- Engaging internal and external business stakeholders on product roadmap
- Deliver insight on future needs and requirements to both the Product org and the wider business
- Liaise closely with your Engineering Manager and engineers to come up with technically viable and scalable solutions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 3-5 years previous experience in a Product role for a b2b or b2c organisation, ideally SaaS, and at least 8 years experience in tech or closely related industries total
- Knowledge or experience of API driven development and service oriented architectures
- Experience directly working with at least one of the following:
- REST APIs (especially building and defining a scalable, performant, public APIs)
- Defining and building SDKs
- Webhook services at scale
- Global event logging services
- Working in the developer enablement / evangelism space
- Ability and experience to deliver complex technical projects from inception to completion.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to wider audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, metrics and analytics driven - backing up your “product sense” with real customer data.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases.
- Be a self-starter with a “get it done” attitude and bias for action. When you see a problem, you go and fix it.
- Legally eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge or experience in the integrations, RPA, or business workflows space
- Solid understanding of AWS
- Tableau / Snowflake / SQL skills for data analysis
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 25 days paid for Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Flexible Time Away Program
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!