Smartsheet is looking for a Manager of Consulting to lead and inspire a robust team of Professional Services Consultants to support the regional Professional Services Senior Manager. This person will drive the operational aspects of their respective team. This role requires a leader with a unique blend of proficiency in technology based solutions, adapt to a scaling business environment, people management skills, and business acumen.
With a commitment to investing in the APAC region to better serve new and existing customers in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and the greater Asia Pacific geography, Smartsheet opened up its third international office in Sydney in January 2020. This is an opportunity to be a part of Smartsheet at this exciting time, working with an outstanding team to build and expand the Smartsheet brand across a new market.
This position is remote and reports to our local office based in Sydney CBD, NSW.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the regional Professional Services leadership to grow the business and team
- Assisting to scale Professional Services in the APAC region through business development, process review/improvement/creation, work qualities, and be intentional in coaching and leading future leaders of the organisation.
- Provide leadership in the attainment of department goals and objectives.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and directly supervise qualified Consultants.
- Attain Vertical and/or Product expertise to apply thought leadership towards business development activities.
- Be responsible for departmental budget and authorise expenditures.
- Support management of and coordinate regional and department development opportunities
- Coordinate development and evaluation of standardise documentation and resources for reporting performance and recommendations
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams and leadership for ongoing initiatives.
- Research industry trends and keep the team current on industry changes.
- Optimally deliver services throughout customer lifecycle to ensure maximum customer value and overall economic impact (software and services)
- Oversee any project escalations, scoping, estimating, proposing, SOW creation, and staff allocation
- Responsible for annual performance evaluations of your team
- Support interviewing, hiring, and training
- Planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Works in conjunction with the Operations group to implement best practices.
- Understand the full operation of a Professional Services organisation.
- Will travel, when necessary, to meet with current and future customers.
- 4-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years work experience ideally across software services, technology and/or Consulting
- Services leadership experience and strong people management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Excellent client management skills and the ability to work with customers in both pre-sales and post-sales environment
- Strong leadership, business development, organizational, team management, communication (verbal, written, and presentation), and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in solutioning, selling, and delivering solutions for F1000 organisations
- Proven success partnering across departments
- Excellent customer engagement, solution visioning, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience translating customer business requirements into software solutions
- Experience successfully utilizing change management and business process mapping strategies
- Legally authorised to work in Australia for any employer on an ongoing basis
The Smartsheet Australia is proud to have recently won the #15 spot in the Best Place to Work awards by WRK+, after just 18mths of launching in Sydney from the US.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.