Smartsheet, US - Field (Remote)
Smartsheet is seeking an Enterprise Architect (EA) to join our Customer Outcomes Journey (COJ) Group to build out a new Enterprise Readiness & WorkOps service practice. In this role a Principal Enterprise Architect challenges Executives to think differently about how to deliver their application development processes, enterprise solutions and business services to accelerate innovation.
As a member of the COJ Group you will evangelise the value of the Smartsheet platform with Customers, Professional Services, Sales, Customer Success and Support. The Principal Enterprise Architect will also lead and participate in the delivery of workshops, educational sessions and program management that addresses the areas of Enterprise Architecture alignment, Application Rationalization & Modernization, Cloud Workload Cost Optimization, Security/Privacy concerns, Enterprise-wide Solution demand shaping, Dynamic Work Adoption and User-driven Innovation best practices (No Code/Low Code).
You will report to the Vice President, Customer Outcomes Journey.
- Advise senior executives at Large Enterprise organizations on Citizen Development programs and Digital Transformations
- Define and manage advisory engagements, leveraging the Smartsheet Platform and best practice adoption methodologies
- Lead discovery workshops with leadership teams to understand required capabilities to support key business objectives.
- Document and present industry and architecture approaches and recommended solutions to meet business outcomes.
- Work with Smartsheet teams to create and present Journey Roadmaps, High-level Architectures and digital transformations leveraging the Smartsheet platform and services to accelerate Dynamic Work
- Work with the Smartsheet Customer Outcomes Journey to define and document the impact the Smartsheet solution will have on an organization’s ability to operate and transform their business.
- Recommend solutions that align to the customer’s business objectives and drive the required outcomes.
- Develop thought leadership in the Citizen-Led Application Development & Cloud-Workload Optimization
- Identify, lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, white papers, workshops, etc.
- Understand and communicate high-level governance and operating models on the Smartsheet platform and integrations with existing frameworks and platforms
- 10+ years in both Pre and Post-sales leadership, Management Consulting, Professional Services role; and
- 5+ years in technology architecture services as an Enterprise Architect, Chief Architect, or Technology Officer; and/or
- Executive experience managing, developing, and delivering enterprise consulting services
- Bachelor’s degree (required); Masters a plus (Business or Technical preferred)
- Intrinsically curious and passionate about researching current and emerging trends in technology and specific industries
- Excellent understanding of enterprise service management and architectural decision making
- Advanced mastery of multiple solution domains – including Business Management, Enterprise Service Management, Operations Management and Application Development
- Experience in developing and growing C-Level relationships with an ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
- Consultative skills including issue diagnosis, unpacking and advising on CXO level challenges
- Presentation skills including public speaking, meeting facilitation and white boarding
- Cross functional program and project management skills.
- Expertise overseeing or designing, implementing and managing advanced architectures in an application domain and integrating systems or platforms
- Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to travel
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the US (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!