The Conversations team's mission is to improve how everyone communicates about their work. We do this by helping our customers have conversations within the context of their work in Smartsheet. Learn more about Smartsheet Conversations here.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our journey to bring the next generation conversation experience to millions of Smartsheet customers. You will lead a team that focuses on solving interesting challenges for our customers while having fun together. You can help influence strategy and build products that allow teams to collaborate and create new features that contribute to a delightful conversation experience.
You will report to our Sr. Engineering Manager located in our Bellevue, WA office. You also have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
Our team focuses on distributed decision-making that rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration. Learn more about our platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video
- Manage a team of 6 to 10 software engineers to deliver great products to our customers
- Oversee the development and success of one or more products
- Influence technical and product direction of the group
- Foster a diverse, inclusive and supportive culture in the team
- Lead, coach, and inspire your team to achieve quality software that delights our customers
- Collaborate with partners across the company, including product management, development UX design and customer support teams
- Hire and grow your team by promoting engineering excellence and career development
- 8+ years of software engineering experience and 2+ years managing software engineering teams.
- Deep software development skills in at least one systems development language such as C#, C++,Python or Java.
- Experience with modern technology stacks with a bent for building scalable, highly available customer-facing cloud applications.
- Experience in a technology that you're personally excited about, such as distributed systems, systems automation, cloud technologies.
- Passion to dive in, learn new things, and want to build awesome products
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!