As a Journey Strategist, you will lead the adoption of a company-wide customer adoption approach that drives higher levels of customer success and revenue growth. As a key member of the WWFO team you will collaborate with both the sales and customer success functions to evolve Smartsheet’s GTM capabilities and be an active evangelist of the new Customer Outcomes Journey to both Smartsheet employees and customers. You will deliver and evangelize the ability to deliver outcome/value conversations across all stages of the customer lifecycle.
You will report to the Vice President, Customer Outcomes Journey and be based in the Field, US.
- Drive Customer Outcome Journey GTM projects by working cross functionally with sales, marketing and customer success.
- Deliver and evolve Dynamic Work Outcome Discovery Workshops that increase sales opportunities, account team productivity and deal velocity
- Lead the implementation of sales/value tools to support ARR pipeline growth and NDRR
- Identify strategic use cases within the Smartsheet customer base to support large enterprise deals
- Create and execute a consistent value management approach with field sales in our most strategic accounts
- Create Executive level presentations targeted at both internal and C-level customer audiences
- Work closely with our data scientist / business analysts to develop thought leadership and GTM motion innovation
- Work with the Sales and Professional Services teams to share customer insights that inform additional product and service sales opportunities
- Identify and share best practices across geographic regions
- Accomplish other tasks as assigned
- 6+ years of management experience in a management consulting firm or software company with a focus on the “art of the possible” type workshop with customers
- 2+ years of SmartSheet services experience or Collaborative Work Management / Digital Transformation experience
- Exposure to the operating practices of multiple functional departments such as IT, Marketing, Sales, and New Product Development
- Strong facilitation skills that encourage the clear articulation of business issues and effective solution design of relevant stakeholders
- Sales and services GTM experience working with strategic deals, account teams and/or projects
- Deep financial analysis and modeling skills including the ability to educate non-financial roles in concepts such as ROI, IRR, TCO etc.
- Strong executive presence and written communication skills including the business alignment of customer strategy and digital transformation business cases
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business needs
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!