Smartsheet is looking for an Accounting Manager to oversee its international accounting function in the UK. You will the lead finance and accounting representative in the UK, and will oversee the monthly close process, expense accounting, fixed asset accounting, other activities related to daily accounting within Smartsheet's UK entity, and interaction with individuals across the business. We ask that you have strategic vision to build out the accounting department and the ability to operate independently.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
- Oversee and manage the monthly close of Smartsheet's UK accounting books.
- Oversee and manage monthly variance analyses.
- Coordinate with teammates located at Smartsheet's headquarters to identify and implement operational process improvements.
- Work with the Tax team to develop processes around VAT and filing VAT returns.
- Compile statutory financial statements and work with auditors to achieve a smooth statutory audit
- Ensure continued development and adherence to internal controls, observing best practices
- Be a leader in communicating accounting policies and best practices to members of Smartsheet's UK operations.
- Build the team. Help further develop current team members, and hire and coach additional team members as we continue to grow.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in accounting and finance functions with preference for experience in accounting
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent certification very strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of both US GAAP and UK GAAP (FRS 102)
- Knowledge of VAT (with experience coding invoices for VAT and filing VAT returns)
- Experience preparing statutory financial statements and coordinating statutory audits
- A mix of public and private company experience is a plus
- People and team management skills
- Collaborate with Finance, Legal, Revenue Accounting, Financial Operations and other groups across the company
- Knowledge of an ERP system (preferably NetSuite)
- Experience managing monthly close activities
- Operationalize new accounting policies
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 25 days paid for Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Flexible Time Away Program
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!