Smartsheet is looking for an experienced tax professional to join our growing Tax team as a Senior Tax Accountant in our Bellevue, WA Office. The Senior Tax Accountant will gain exposure to different tax topics and will be involved in all aspects of Smartsheet's federal, state and international tax filings and special projects and tax research.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Sr Director of Global Tax located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Help support workpapers for federal, state, and foreign income tax returns and quarterly estimated payments
- Preparation and review of indirect tax returns including sales and use tax returns and value added tax returns
- Perform tax research for federal, state and international issues
- Prepare account reconciliations and journal entries for all tax related general ledger accounts
- Maintain documentation regarding internal tax processes including Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Help with other projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA
- 3+ years tax or accounting experience in a public accounting firm or equivalent experience in a large corporate tax department
- Proficient in excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), Word and online research software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!