Smartsheet is looking for our next Engineering Manager to join our team. Our business is built on finding top-grade talent and empowering them to improve our service offerings. Our software team is small, efficient, and motivated by results. We work in an agile environment that stays focused on building great software that makes an impact. Today, we provide a cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better outcomes.
You will report to our Senior Manager, Engineering and be based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA or you also have the option to work from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
Our team focuses on distributed decision-making that rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration. Learn more about our platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video
- Manage a team of software engineers to deliver great products to our customers
- Oversee the development and success of one or more products
- Lead, coach, and inspire your team to achieve quality software
- Collaborate with partners across the company, including product management, UX, and customer teams
- Establish lean engineering processes that use collaboration and rapid iteration to build the right product for the right problems
- Hire and grow your team by promoting engineering excellence and career development
- You have 8+ years of software engineering experience and 3+ years managing software engineering teams.
- You have deep software development skills in at least one systems development language such as C#, C++,Python or Java.
- You have experience with modern technology stacks with a bent for building scalable, highly available customer-facing cloud applications.
- You have experience in a technology that you're personally excited about, such as distributed systems, systems automation, cloud technologies.
- You like to dive in, learn new things, and want to build awesome products
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!