At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to achieve more.
We’re hiring a mid-level UX Designer to help shape the future of work. Designers at Smartsheet come from a diverse range of traditional and non-traditional backgrounds, and apply human centered design principles to conceptualize and create impactful experiences for our customers. At Smartsheet, we value authenticity, passion, and working collaboratively with our design, product, and engineering teammates to help guide a holistic product strategy and experience.
You can either be remote (based in the U.S.) or onsite at our Bellevue, WA headquarters and will report to the UX Design Manager.
- Gain an understanding of user needs and goals, and collaborate on problem solving
- Collaborate across product teams to launch features based on user needs, business goals, and technical constraints
- Align on vision across different feature areas, and deliver on end-to-end product experiences
- Create task flows, wireframes, prototypes and other interaction design deliverables
- Conduct usability testing and incorporate user and team feedback
- Design beautiful interfaces that make emotional connections with users
- Provide assets, specifications, and guidance for implementation of your designs through the development process
- Support other duties
- 4+ years experience designing simple solutions for complex problems
- Passion for talking to users to understand their goals, frustrations, and needs
- A track record of shipping phenomenal experiences and knowing what details matter at each stage
- You are a self-starter, love to take ownership of your projects, and are excited to collaborate with partner teams to think holistically about customer needs and experience
- Experience working with customers, conducting usability testing, and facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals
- Ability to quickly prototype to communicate designs and ideas
- A portfolio that shows: collaboration in your processes, ability to design for end-to-end experiences, clean UI, and interaction design
- Ability to clearly present your designs, and articulate decision making process based on research
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human-Centered Design, Graphic Design, or a related field
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!