Senior Manager, Technical Account Management
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) acts as a named point of contact business advisor to specific Smartsheet customer contacts, providing Premier Services aligned to the customer’s priorities to maximize business value of their Smartsheet investment. The TAM is responsible for contributing to the overall quality and satisfaction of the customer’s support relationship primarily with post implementation technical issues on custom or premium application solutions ensuring business outcomes and maximum value from Smartsheet. The leader of Technical Account Management will manage the Global TAM program including the TAMs and TAM accounts.
This role is remote eligible or you may choose to work out of our Bellevue (WA), Boston (MA) or Edinburgh, UK locations and will report directly to the Vice President, Global Technical Support and Operations.
- Manage the team of Global Technical Account Managers program and team
- Operate at a strategic relationship level with essential technical partners within our customer organizations, including the IT Directors, CTO, CIO, Line of Business leaders, and technology professionals
- Act as a change agent by promoting the case for change and helping our customers evolve their IT Maturity, promote productive use of Smartsheet products, and help IT to make the business better
- Contribute to sustainable growth through partnering with Services Sales, Success and Consulting teams and other Services personnel to strategize on ways to create new opportunities within the accounts they service
- Contribute to the profitability of our services through portfolio management including contract consumption, contribution margin, operational expense management, and revenue growth, all in a manner consistent with Smartsheet legal, fiscal and personnel policies
- Partner with our Strategic Relationships Leadership (Sales & Customer Success) to ascertain client priorities to set a long-term strategy for service delivery that aligns to their goals.
- Develop TAMs who provide excellent delivery of services across the entire support lifecycle, including Service Delivery Planning, Service Delivery Management, Incident Management/Escalations and Proactive Remediation Services
- 5+ years leadership experience
- 5 + years Experience working is a SAAS support organization
- Ability to lead with influence rather than authority, virtual teams comprised of Smartsheet, Partner and customer resources engaged in the delivery of complex solutions that result in a One Smartsheet approach
- Executive presence and confidence to manage executive relationships internally and with the customer to create business transformation.
- A deep understanding of the market forces affecting our customers
- Experience offering insights into new ways customers can use software to provide greater value in helping meet their business goals
- Proficiency in understanding the Premier Services portfolio, including acquisition services such as Converse.AI, Slope and 10,000 ft. and the ability to articulate the value of these services to our customers
- Strong communication skills and imaginative, bold thinking in all situations
- Experience leading with influence rather than authority
- Led teams engaged in the delivery of complex solutions that result in a unified approach
- An executive presence and have managed executive relationships internally and with customers to create business transformation
- Knowledge of Smartsheet technologies
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!