Technical Support Operations Manager
As a member of the Global Customer Care team at Smartsheet, you will support the design, implementation, and management of enterprise-wide support processes and programs. We are looking for a motivated strategic thinker, with an eye for customer support business insight. You will perform business analysis, assist with process/project activities, reporting, and vendor management. The OM works both collaboratively and independently to provide operations support for continuous improvements to enhance our customer experience, performance, and team productivity.
You have a sharp business mind and experience in communicating and organizing information between multiple departments with the goal of driving efficiency and communication. You'll be comfortable working with roles in human resources, finance, IT management, and global support.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Director, Global Customer Care Operations. This role is fully remote eligible!
- Manage timely data collection to update operations metrics regarding productivity targets, costs, errors, and surveys (creation/ownership of reports and dashboards)
- Organize, compile and produce presentations to communicate customer care trends, data, and new developments across the organization
- Assist with growing the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain internal teams, tools, and customer growth
- Assist Project Managers with data collection, meeting organization, and documentation
- Become familiar with all software, procedures, workflows, and tools with the goal of serving as a consultative subject matter expert to all teams
- Help with enterprise-wide program implementation including coordination of tasks, milestones, and deadlines.
- Work with the business to ensure business readiness and transfer knowledge for any new process/system
- Manage vendor relationships and surface any issues/concerns appropriately
- 3+ years of Operations management experience
- 3+ years experience with CRM Software (Salesforce, Zendesk)
- Experience creating reports and dashboards
- Experience presenting and producing analytical trends/data
- Strong background in supporting Customer Support (Technical Support) workflows, processes, reporting & documentation
- Validated experience in high growth, highly scaled SaaS environment
- Strong organizational and business analysis skills
- Experience in support tools and technologies (Salesforce, Coveo, Chat, Community, Call Center Software, Customer Portal, Knowledge Base, IVR, WFM software, Monet, Omnichannel)
- Ability to work across cross-functional groups and ensure the ability to influence and execute across groups
- A passion for technology and the ability to identify areas for efficiency and productivity
- Bachelor's degree/foreign equivalent in a related discipline or meaningful relevant on the job experience
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!