Smartsheet is looking for our next Senior Software Engineer (SE) to join the Search development team. The Search team is a full stack team owning the in-app search experience, the indexing sub-system and the ElasticSearch cluster in AWS end-to-end. We're looking for a team player to help build out an improved Search Service, improving on results relevancy and modernizing the Search UI. This role offers many opportunities to leverage a breadth of exciting technologies.
Our software team is small, highly efficient, and very supportive. We work in an agile environment that stays focused on building great software. Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to make an impact everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals.
This position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA and will report to an Engineering Leader and you also have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Build containerized Java services hosted in AWS
- Build and maintain integrations with the big players in tech: Amazon Web Services, Google, Salesforce.com, Box, Microsoft, PayPal and others
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years web application development
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability application
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of Microservices in AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Memcached, NoSQL data stores or similar technologies
- Experience building REST based APIs
- Experience with infrastructure and CI/CD tools such as Terraform, Gitlab, etc
- Familiarity with SaaS apps
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!